Author Topic: Howto: Vivi nova atomiser v2 rebuild  (Read 47012 times)

ceekay27

• Liked: 83
  • Likes Given: 74
Re: Howto: Vivi nova atomiser v2 rebuild
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 11:52:32 PM »
Lol, good luck Shaggy! should I call the fire brigade now, just in case? lol  :thumbs:

My name's Julie and I'm a vapaholic!

Carol_Scot

• Forum Host
  • NAME YOUR PV {{ HAPPY VAPING }}
  • Liked: 967
  • Likes Given: 3872
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 11:58:11 PM »
HE HE julie i was just about to says the same lol
mini explosions here I come  ROLF

Carol 

Lol, good luck Shaggy! should I call the fire brigade now, just in case? lol  :thumbs:
BILLETBOX's V1.1  :) Dingo , iTaste V3  , Provari Mini V2 & Prive Tank

shaggy

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 12:27:35 AM »
errrrr, thinking I will stick with glass fibre it doesn't sound healthy lol

ghoti

• Forum Host
  • Twizzled Vaper
  • Liked: 823
  • Likes Given: 942
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 08:18:22 AM »
Ok did a rebuild, 5 twists on the wire, double twisted legs on the coils,
everything was fine for the first 3 or 4 draws, then crappy taste, and
felt like splinters in my tongue!  :(
I really wanted this to work, it was 2.4ohms by the way on the provari,
so not sure if this may be the wick doing the horrible taste, and 'bad
feeling while vaping' All I know is that I dont get this with the premade heads,
So I think im out of the running for the make your own head group.
Ghoti, the photos were fab, but I just cant keep putting myself through
this torture! lol. To think ive finally done it, I was so excited, and then YUK!
lol..... thanks anyway Ghoti, appreciate the chance to try something new ;)

And hey guys if it works for you, then brilliant. but I will be sticking to pre-made
heads from now on I think ;)

Strange you get this - I got the splinters on the tongue and crappy taste from the 3 stock atomisers I tried... and that's why I build my own.

Just for further clarity ceekay - could you answer a few questions for me please? I have a suspicion of whats going wrong...

1 - What voltage do you vape at?
2 - What ohm reading do you get from a stock 2.4ohm atty on your provari? (wish I had one :( )
3 - What wire did you use?
I vape like I used to smoke - I prefer to roll my own :)

shaggy

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 09:02:43 AM »
Well I've just given this build a go and I've got it working. the shield inside was wrecked so I left it out. I'm using the same wire and wick as I use on my rda. 2mm wick and 0.15 wire from lisa. Maybe its needs a good tank to get it working properly but at the moment its lacking in flavour.
technicaly I don't know why this should be so cos its virtually my rda in a tank. This one has foxed me so far, but I've got it steaming.

I will chugg on this and see what happens.......
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:09:57 AM by shaggy »

ghoti

• Forum Host
  • Twizzled Vaper
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 09:15:10 AM »
Well I've just given this build a go and I've got it working. the shield inside was wrecked so I left it out. I'm using the same wire and wick as I use on my rda. 2mm wick and 0.15 wire from lisa. Maybe its needs a good tank to get it working properly but at the moment its lacking in flavour.
technicaly I don't know why this should be so cos its virtually my rda in a tank. This one has foxed me so far, but I've got it steaming.

I will chugg on this and see what happens.......

Good to hear it isnt giving you a bad taste at least :)
What voltage are you using to vape at? I find lower voltages give some of the best flavour with the Vivi Nova, and too high a voltage can kill the flavour?
I don't know if its coincidence or not, but my Monday rebuilt atty has also just lost flavour..... time for another rebuild I think ;)

shaggy

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 09:22:21 AM »
No, no bad taste, just needs to get the flavour going. putting down to 3.3 ish volts does help a little but the litle throat hit from my low nic is then gone, a trade off I guess. as for the pm mate, yeah no problem, if I can't get on with it I shall certainly save them for ya!

ghoti

• Forum Host
  • Twizzled Vaper
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 09:32:53 AM »
Shaggy - Glad to hear you got it working finally....  :dance: :clap:  :dance:

What I have done with regards the low voltage "lack of throat hit" is to change the PG/VG ration in my mix to "tune the juice" for the coil, this way you get better flavour/TH and the batteries last a lot longer too :) bonus all round :) but as this is a hardware discussion, Ill keep the mixing stuff out of here for now - something we can chat about another time maybe?

ceekay27

• Liked: 83
  • Likes Given: 74
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 09:50:21 AM »

Strange you get this - I got the splinters on the tongue and crappy taste from the 3 stock atomisers I tried... and that's why I build my own.

Just for further clarity ceekay - could you answer a few questions for me please? I have a suspicion of whats going wrong...

1 - What voltage do you vape at?
2 - What ohm reading do you get from a stock 2.4ohm atty on your provari? (wish I had one :( )
3 - What wire did you use?

1 - I normally vape at anything up to around 4.1v, I'm not keen on high voltage vaping.
With my head that I made I think I had turned it down to 3.8
2 - Ive only used one stock 2.4 head so far and when I first popped it in, it read 2.4, I'm
a few days into it now, and it reads 2.6 (and is vaping great at 3.8v)
3 - I'm using the 0.15 wire from Lisa, along with the 2mm wick.

I think it has a lot to do with the heat shield. The only time I did keep one back, it ripped
in half as I tried to seat my wick into it :( Next time I have to replace a stock atty, I will keep the
little shield back from the old one, and try one more time ;)

My name's Julie and I'm a vapaholic!

shaggy

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 09:57:45 AM »
Shaggy - Glad to hear you got it working finally....  :dance: :clap:  :dance:

What I have done with regards the low voltage "lack of throat hit" is to change the PG/VG ration in my mix to "tune the juice" for the coil, this way you get better flavour/TH and the batteries last a lot longer too :) bonus all round :) but as this is a hardware discussion, Ill keep the mixing stuff out of here for now - something we can chat about another time maybe?
yeah, have to have a meet up definately. I'm just wondering if lack of heat shield might have something to do with it, although when it was in, it was being burnt but the stock head. got nicotine rush now from chugging this diy to death, done nearly a tankfull since putting it in DOH!!!

ghoti

• Forum Host
  • Twizzled Vaper
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 10:05:51 AM »
Ceekay - thanks for letting me know, Ill file all that away for further study.

I wish I had a greater range of equipment to test my theories on, but thanks to all you wonderful guinea pigs out there (meant in the nicest way possible) Im learning a lot about this.

Just for reference, I have 3 types of batteries that I use with my Vivi Nova
2x Joytech ego-T 650maH
1x Joyetech ego-C 1000mAh USB passthrough
1x Joyetech ego-C 1000mAh ego-C twist <-this gives the worst performance on the Vivi Nova even dialled right down to 3.3v

Still as far as Im concerned, this atty beats the c**p out of any other atomiser Ive tried so far, although I do occasionally use the ego-C atties for a small taste of something different, but I dont get the same vapour from them....

vapn

• Administrator
  • Tech Support
    • Crème de Vape
  • Liked: 2585
  • Likes Given: 1423
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 11:25:44 AM »
ghoti, I'm curious if those stock atomizer heads you had the trouble with at first were the long wicks or the short ones?

"Making Vaping a Breeze Since 2009"

shaggy

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 11:32:52 AM »
ok, my diy 2.9ohms head is now vaping better than the premade 2.8 at voltages from 3.4 to 4.0. no more funny tastes. the flavour is still dull compared to my drip attie but its now on par with the premade. looking god so far.

ghoti

• Forum Host
  • Twizzled Vaper
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 04:34:14 PM »
ghoti, I'm curious if those stock atomizer heads you had the trouble with at first were the long wicks or the short ones?

The short ones that come with the Vivi Nova and also the replacement that Lisa is selling.
I don't mind that they tasted foul/burnt and gave no flavour, as its so easy to rebuild them, and I bought them for the rebuildability anyway.... I tried 1.8 and 2.4 that came in the kit - both horrible, and the replacement 1.8 and 2.4 that I had bought. I also got that scratchy feeling on my tongue and throat that others have mentioned, and I think that was due to the stock wick being very "flakey" in a fibrous way - I would have taken a photo, but my phone isnt up to the job, and thats the best camera I have.

As I was determined to get them working, I thought might as well rebuild them anyway, and voila! taste and vaper, and lots of both.

Despite my issues with the atomiser as they are supplied, one quick rebuild later, and they are the best I have ever used (Beat 510's, ego-C's DCTs hands down)

I have ordered some more, and I'm sure these wont be the last I buy :D

shaggy

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 04:50:35 PM »
just to add my 1.8 and 2.8 premade short wicks were bad. my own 2.9 beats them both.