blocked

Author Topic: Wine Blog  (Read 40 times)

TopCookie

• Liked: 1843
  • Likes Given: 1631
Wine Blog
« on: July 06, 2017, 04:17:53 PM »
Not a subject you'd normally expect to find on a vaping forum but putting this here as I do know that I am not alone on the forum as a wine enthusiast...  One of the main reasons for the thread is as an ongoing blog for some of the more memorable bottles, and basically so that my old grey matter can remember some of them...   :)

TopCookie

Re: Wine Blog
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 04:22:33 PM »
Off to visit my dad at some point in the coming weeks, the Frenchman from where my name comes...  He was instrumental in helping me discover a passion for wine, both as a beverage and as a hobby etc...  So, for this upcoming visit I have dug out an unusual wine, a white Châteauneuf-du-Pape from the Château Beaucastel estate, the vintage being 2005...  Can't wait to get stuck into this rare delight...  :)

Carol_Scot

• Forum Host
  • NAME YOUR PV {{ HAPPY VAPING }}
  • Liked: 954
  • Likes Given: 3842
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 06:45:04 PM »
One thing I don't like TC
Or I should says it does not like me lol, wine just goes right to my head
He he
BILLETBOX's V1.1  :) Dingo , iTaste V3  , Provari Mini V2 & Prive Tank

barry_s11

• Liked: 252
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 01:18:10 AM »
If your Dad's not worth a few hundred pounds, who is?
Don't touch that, or you'll ... oh now look!

TopCookie

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 11:14:32 AM »
Yeah, he's not getting any younger there, my old Pa, and these opportunities are inevitably running out so Angie and I are keen to make the most of them... 

TopCookie

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 06:05:52 PM »
Just back from our weekend in Cardiff and have had some lovely bottles while there, including Ch. Haut-Brion 2002 and one or two other nice Bordeaux wines...

Report on the Beaucastel Blanc 2005:  Blimey, this was something of an experience indeed, being VERY full bodied for a dry white wine and noticeably dry indeed...  I read some tasting notes before we went and they said something like a mineral backbone supporting stone fruits, and a bunch of other blah blah...  Funnily enough, it was indeed very peach and apricot like on the palate...!!!  A very nice, and quite a rare, bottle of vino indeed...  :)