blocked

Author Topic: Yihi SXmini Q Mini  (Read 617 times)

vapn

• Administrator
  • Tech Support
    • Crème de Vape
  • Liked: 2585
  • Likes Given: 1423

"Making Vaping a Breeze Since 2009"

TopCookie

• Liked: 1857
  • Likes Given: 1651
Re: Yihi SXmini Q Mini
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 07:25:57 PM »
... in the basket...!!!

TopCookie

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 02:23:08 PM »
... and posted already...   :thumbs:

vapn

• Administrator
  • Tech Support
    • Crème de Vape
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 06:46:00 PM »
Looking forward to hearing what you think TC

TopCookie

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 10:26:47 AM »
... and arrived...!!!  Thanks guys...   :thumbs:

Gotta go over to Stockport today to see the old girl etc and thus won't have time to play until later...  Having said that, first impressions on un-boxing and a quick few minutes use are that this is the mod many SXmini fans have long been waiting for and it looks to be an excellent device... 

Will report more soon, once I've had some time to get acquainted with the Q-Mini  :)

TopCookie

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2016, 10:29:29 AM »
... as a quick footnote, I have the Uwell SE1 tank on there, in matte black, and it suits the mod real nice indeed...  ;D

vapn

• Administrator
  • Tech Support
    • Crème de Vape
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2016, 05:44:45 PM »
Nice one, glad you like it so far TC.

TopCookie

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 03:46:10 AM »
OK, so not a proper review as such - I'll leave that to the boys who do it regularly - but here are my thoughts on the SXmini Q Mini after using it for a couple of days:

That initial assertion that this is the mod SXmini fans have long been waiting for is bang on the money...!!!

Presentation is up to the usual SXmini exemplary standard but then you can add to that the additional nice touch of getting a couple of extra treats from CdeV which included the obligatory toffee and a nice carry pouch...  Also an invaluable keyring torch...  I say "invaluable" because these are fantastic for shining down drip tips and making sure coils are lined up correctly with airflow slots on many RDAs and RDTAs...  If you haven't tried this yet, go ahead and give it a shot coz lining up those coils as accurately as possible with the airflow slots really helps to boost the performance...!!!

Fit & finish of the device itself is excellent and the hand-feel is superb...  The paint finish is almost "rough" feeling, but I mean in a great way that really does help with grip...  There's nothing literally rough about it at all, it just has that slight textured feeling and for those of you that suffer from slippery mod syndrome, then you will be genuinely delighted by the finish on the Q Mini...!!!  In terms of dimensions, Yihi have added a distinctly useful bit of extra depth and this serves two fantastic improvements:  the first and most obvious one is that you can happily now use atomisers with a diameter up to 25mm - I currently have an I-Joy Limitless Plus (25mm) on mine and it fits superbly and looks great...!!!  The other advantage of this extra depth is that the mod also feels far more stable stood up and less likely to be knocked over - this is a factor which is aided by the reduced height compared to the original Q-Class...  Overall, I'd have to rate the device very highly in terms of build and design, especially if you like a more classical style (for a more sci-fi look, just wait for the G-Class, but to my tastes that is one ugly mofo...!!!)... 

The one slightly disappointing design feature for me must be the steel accents on the side of the body, which serve as battery venting slots...  On my unit, both pieces are slightly warped, looking as if they are fitted by hand and a tad too much pressure was applied perhaps...  By no means is this a big issue but it would have been nice if they were not warped...  Also, the venting slots face upwards which I find slightly odd as there is then the potential to collect dust and any juice from atomiser leakage could potentially enter the battery compartment - although it would have to be a significant leak or overflow for that to occur...  This one criticism is a minor one really and is also an entirely subjective one at that - certainly is no deal breaker, so please do not read too much into that, just that I think it worth mentioning... 

Performance and the new chip...  Well, there are features galore with this new generation of premium Yihi chip - more, in fact, than I'll ever use (I don't use fancy-schmancy mobile phones, so the Yihi "app" is not something I personally will use)...  The great thing though is that all features appear to be accessible via the device buttons anyway...  What to me is great news is that the menu system is essentially the same as on the original M-Class, just has more options - lots more - and so is instantly familiar to anybody who has ever owned or used any other model of SXmini device...  I love that there is now a dedicated SS316 setting and a feature which I think is super helpful is that you can adjust the atomiser's registered base resistance...  For example; when using SS in temp control, sooner or later you tend to hit snags because it is vital to get lock the resistance at absolute room temperature...  For some reason that I do not know why, SS builds tend to be more fussy about having the exactly correct base resistance, so if you need to rectify or re-set base resistance and your atomiser is even slightly warm, it can be an issue, but you can manually shift the base resistance to what you know it should be and lock it in there as required...  On devices that don't have this feature, you often must wait a good half hour or so before both the mod and the atomiser are definitely fully back at room temperature before attempting to lock in your base resistance...  I dunno how many people will find this useful, but I think it's a fantastic feature and say bravo to Yihi on this one...  Then there is ambient room temperature compensation - a feature not to be overlooked...  You set the average room temperature (if indoors etc) and this helps the device to give the best accuracy possible for temperature controlled use... 

I haven't used the Q Mini in regular power mode with Kanthal or in TC mode with Ni200 or Ti yet, but performance in TC mode with SS316 - with both a pre-made coil and a dual coil RBA - has been exceptional, or perhaps it would be better to say that the device feels super accurate and I personally don't sense or feel any fluctuations in temperature on the inhale like you often get with more inexpensive devices...  This gives you the feeling that the chip is indeed of a very high quality and that it is very accurate with its control of things... 

In conclusion, the device looks great, feels great and works great...  I can be a real cussy funt when it comes to mods, but the SXmini Q Mini is a keeper for me and is worthy of being very highly recommended indeed...!!!

One last footnote...  I have noticed so often in the past that some of the more expensive mods suffer from what I call the "ProVari Factor"...  What I mean by that is that they can feel so shiny, slick and posh that it almost puts you off using them for fear of scratching or dropping them etc...  All too often I have had nice devices only to leave them almost untouched while I tend to reach for cheaper devices...  Somehow, the Q Mini manages to avoid that trap and has a much stronger "I'm here to be used, so use me!" feel about it, in the exactly right way...   :thumbs:

vapn

• Administrator
  • Tech Support
    • Crème de Vape
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 09:22:12 AM »
I'll echo what TopCookie has said. I've been reaching for mine quite a bit and I've been enjoying the heck out of it.

TopCookie

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 12:31:33 PM »
One new feature that I forgot to mention but am absolutely delighted about is that Yihi SXmini have incorporated a 2 amp balanced charger...  So, I know many folks like to remove batteries to charge them away from the device but now we have a device where on-board charging is now both safe and super fast...!!!  Great addition to the chip and once again, bravo to Yihi...