Author Topic: Holy Moly!  (Read 1221 times)

CalVic

• Liked: 42
  • Likes Given: 19
Holy Moly!
« on: December 12, 2013, 08:55:08 PM »
Heya everyone,

Today I re-coiled my AGA T2 with 4 wraps of 28 Gauge Kanthal, with all the coils glowing nice and evenly (Pretty much a doddle everytime now) I left the mesh alone but do have some #400 for when I need to re-wick. Before I was using 32 Gauge at around 1.5 Ohm and it was vaping nice and smooth (Too smooth infact). Since my multimeter hasn't arrived yet I suspect I am now at .8 to 1 Ohm. My juice also arrived today from Vapolagy (Great juice!)

Filled the tank up with double flavor Raspberry 18mg 60/40 PG/VG (A Juice I've used before so I know what to expect) primed the wick and took a vape

The throat hit took me by surprise - A little harsh. I soon realised I hadn't left the wick to soak long enough so part of the coil was glowing. So I left it for a moment.

Took two more vapes and whoah! A much stronger throat hit then my other coil and sh*t I had to lay down with a bucket.

18mg is now way too strong for me.  :lol:

Excellent vape! I had expected better clouds but I guess it's down to the liquid.

The only thing I really need to practice more on is re-wicking

I need to go lay back down...

1. Kanger ProTank II | SmokTech SID [Donated to a friend]
2. AGA T2 | Nemesis Mod
3. Smoktech Pyrex RSST with Top Cap Reducer Mod @ 0.7ohm | Nemsis Mod
3. Mutation X @ 0.2 Ohm | 4Nine Mod

ghoti

• Forum Host
  • Twizzled Vaper
  • Liked: 823
  • Likes Given: 942
Re: Holy Moly!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 11:36:31 PM »
Nice coils :)
I vape like I used to smoke - I prefer to roll my own :)

BAzz

• Google+
  • Liked: 559
  • Likes Given: 59
Re: Holy Moly!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 09:59:17 AM »
I regularly run at 0.8 - 1.0 ohm on many atties now.

The one thing to be aware of is getting the wicking fast enough.  You're going to be applying a large amount of heat very quickly and I'm betting that's what's giving you that throat ripping hit. The wick is actually drying out during the vape.

From personal experience I've use #200 mesh flamed before rolling, rolled around a syringe needle and only a very very light flame at the coil end. 3 or 4 wraps of .25 Kanthal (Depends on wick diameter, small ones get 4)

This keeps up with my 0.8 Cobra with Scorpion Blood (Quite a thick liquid) very well indeed

I've started using this setup on all the gennies now.