Author Topic: Ss wire rope  (Read 20878 times)

colt2442

• Liked: 280
  • Likes Given: 90
Re: Ss wire rope
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 09:02:53 AM »
Hi folks, got some 2mm 7/19 SS rope and did a test in an AGA T . Wow wicks like a beast. And I did not sheath the top with SS mesh, no hotspots at all, just treated it the same as mesh. I paid 67 pence for a metre. Cheaper then mesh LOL

Cheers
Colt
Still learning, but getting there with the help of well tasty people here
Kit: To much kit...... need to retire some of it lol

TopCookie

• Liked: 1810
  • Likes Given: 1591
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2013, 12:06:56 PM »
Colt...  what type of resistance wire did you use on that build dude...?

colt2442

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2013, 12:18:33 PM »
Kanthal 32 awg, with twisted top leg. Might give it a try with kanthal ribbon wire next and the 28 awg kanthal lol. now that's smoking lmao

Colt

TopCookie

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2013, 12:25:57 PM »
30awg tends to be my most commonly used choice...  Really interesting that you went straight onto the rope and it was stable no probs...  this is why I wanted to know which resistance wire (ie: if you'd used ribbon or not), and I will try coiling directly onto the rope on my next build now...  Top man...  :)

colt2442

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2013, 01:06:32 PM »
Well I have always been an akward bugger and like to do things different. I use 30, 32 and 33 awg depending on length of wick and thickness. So i get fast heatup.
Still experimenting at the mo.

Colt

TopCookie

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 01:30:22 PM »
We need to get you on the rebuildable direct dripping atomisers...  be great having input from such an experimenter...  :)

colt2442

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 02:06:53 PM »
Hehe already got 1 igo l, use it when testing out my own juice mixes or new pre-mixed flavours, cos its so easy to change flavours

Colt

geezer

• Pete's pets!
  • Liked: 192
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2013, 09:19:53 PM »
Anything for my favourite Essex boy tart...   :lol:  :thumbs:  :dance:  :sign_new:

PM me your postal address young master Peter, and I'll pop some down to you once it has arrived here (due any day now)

Thank you Pierre, took delivery today, i'll ave ago tomoz cos ive been scouring ebay looking for a decent (Marin mountain bike)

Not too sure who the sender was tho? Cos it said on the back of the envolope, Sender,  quote: "That Good Looking Northerner" In all the pics ive seen of ya............. your a butt ugly git!  :sign0151: :sign0151: :sign0151: :bigkiss:
Many a true word spoke in jest

colt2442

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 11:13:32 PM »
OK took a pic of my set-up, you have to give wick time to warm-up as its so thick and dense ( a bit like me lol) and a cool down time
might try with a ekowool sheath next but need to get it a bit smaller

colt
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:25:05 AM by colt2442 »

KnightUK

• Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2013, 12:06:08 AM »
How on earth did you manage that, i tried doing that this morning and the rope actually started to spark at me lol, back to using the mesh sleeve for the moment - Something ive noticed with my AC9 and 2mm 7x7, its a bit hit and miss sometimes, most of the time its ok, but today for example it keeps going dry and will not take juice till ive tipped it upside for a split second and flood the whole thing, then its back to normal once again. Also anything past half way in the tank requires the old genny tilt to get it going with the 2mm.

I did get some 2.5mm 7x19 this morning, but for some reason couldnt get that to work at all in terms of wrapping a coil, it just wouldnt work, the one coil i did get working didnt seem to be able to keep up with the wicking of the 2.5 7x19 and just bubbled and wispy vapour.
In terms of wick size, the 2.5mm seems a much better fit for the AC9 much closer to the actual size of a normal mesh wick, 3mm is just too big and fits the whole ac9 wick hole.

gforce

• Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2013, 12:16:12 AM »
got some 7*7 1.5mm + 2.0mm and some 7*19 1.5mm +2.0mm comming hopefully one will work for me in my aga :)

TopCookie

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2013, 12:24:18 AM »
Just set up the Hellfire Mega with some 1.5mm 7/7, with just a tiny amount of mesh to sit the coil on...  It is wicking and vaping a treat...  Needs more time yet to give a more objective opinion on this build, but so far so good...  :thumbs:

TopCookie

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2013, 12:25:25 AM »
Anything for my favourite Essex boy tart...   :lol:  :thumbs:  :dance:  :sign_new:

PM me your postal address young master Peter, and I'll pop some down to you once it has arrived here (due any day now)

Thank you Pierre, took delivery today, i'll ave ago tomoz cos ive been scouring ebay looking for a decent (Marin mountain bike)

Not too sure who the sender was tho? Cos it said on the back of the envolope, Sender,  quote: "That Good Looking Northerner" In all the pics ive seen of ya............. your a butt ugly git!  :sign0151: :sign0151: :sign0151: :bigkiss:

Ya welcome, me old mucka...  But I'd bet solid money you knew that parcel was from me before you even opened it, eh...  ;D

colt2442

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2013, 10:14:27 PM »
OK still playing about with this. Have ordered some different sizes/configuration ropes, so should be a laugh. While I remember, anyone know where to get hot springs, the one in 1 of my bolts collapsed. coil was going great guns and I dropped it, and went to vape and boom spring buggered, morale: if ya do anything that may affect coil check the bloody thing !!!!!!,
On a side note was talking to a chap in one of the firms I deliver to and we got talking about vaping. Anyway it turns out that his brother dies about 6 months ago and he was a vaper, and this bloke reckons there may still be a few bits laying around. They are at his mums and he will talk to her and get her to send them to him and pass them onto me, So could be interesting I hope. Going to play with my dripper over the weekend got loads of new flavours to try  :lol:

colt

TopCookie

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2013, 10:25:30 PM »
PM incoming...   :thumbs: