blocked

Author Topic: Ss wire rope  (Read 21020 times)

Edaj1511

• Liked: 266
  • Likes Given: 994
Re: Ss wire rope
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2013, 11:41:07 PM »
Manage to setup my first wire rope 2mm with tiny bit of 200 mesh (fek took me almost 3 hours) in gkmf. Hits like a champ on the versa. :clap: :clap:
Dont know whats the resistance thou heheheheheheh
Cheers guys!

colt2442

• Liked: 280
  • Likes Given: 90
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2013, 12:14:31 AM »
yeh ss rope retains heat a lot but the 1.5mm is not to bad and wicks really well.

colt
Still learning, but getting there with the help of well tasty people here
Kit: To much kit...... need to retire some of it lol

Charmckay

• Liked: 294
  • Likes Given: 613
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »
 :banghead: well over a week now still trying to recoil my Silver dog   How come I have managed around 4 or 5 times some took longer than others but I did it    ??? >:(. Now rope or mesh wick just totally not doing it for me.   So officially an idiot.
Decided to take to Vapefest maybe someone will show me how to do it see what I am doing wrong and sometimes by accident get it right  :hammer: :hammer:  it feels so good when it happens for me  :dance: I don't what to stay with clearomisers for ever maybe have a go at a silica wick atty may have more luck there. Oh well had my squin xxx   ;D ;) :D

TopCookie

• Liked: 1831
  • Likes Given: 1609
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2013, 02:17:19 PM »
Have a go at a silica wick style rebuildable dripper in the meantime Charm...  they're great fun, and cheap too...  :)

barry_s11

• Liked: 247
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2013, 07:04:11 PM »
:banghead: well over a week now still trying to recoil my Silver dog   How come I have managed around 4 or 5 times some took longer than others but I did it    ??? >:(. Now rope or mesh wick just totally not doing it for me.   So officially an idiot.
Decided to take to Vapefest maybe someone will show me how to do it see what I am doing wrong and sometimes by accident get it right  :hammer: :hammer:  it feels so good when it happens for me  :dance: I don't what to stay with clearomisers for ever maybe have a go at a silica wick atty may have more luck there. Oh well had my squin xxx   ;D ;) :D

I've been having exactly the same problem; my first 2 attempts at building a mesh wick worked perfectly, the next 15 or 20 attempts have all failed - usually because of the dreaded hot-spot on the top coil.

After ages spent watching all the tutorials, and still getting no success, I came across a clever little trick using a piece of cigarette paper (I know, it's almost beyond the pale!), but it worked perfectly the first time, and has done every time since.

Have a look here, and see if it works as well for you as it did for me: GENESIS ATOMISER EASY COIL SET UP USING A CIGARETTE PAPER

It's the best tip I've come across to date!
Don't touch that, or you'll ... oh now look!

BAzz

• Google+
  • Liked: 559
  • Likes Given: 59
« Reply #125 on: September 07, 2013, 04:43:57 PM »
ok, here's how to NOT get top coil hotspots without using cig papers.

First, what causes these? 2 things. Wire too lose, wire too tight.

If you wind the top coil clockwise around the connection, when you tighten it up you can pull the wire too tight. So wind the top coil around the post anti clockwise.

Now, what causes hotspots?  When you fire up the coil, the mesh takes some of the heat away from the coil. (This assumes a properly oxidised coil.). If one of the coils is not touching at some point, it will get hotter than the rest and you'll have a hot spot.

Most common hotspots are at the top coil because the wire cannot touch all the way round. So you have to keep the top coil wire as short as possible and make sure it's touching the mesh everywhere it can.

You might find the coil doesn't light up evenly. The parts that DO light up aren't touching properly all the way round.  Once you get most of the coil properly in contact you'll find it a lot easier to get it all lit up properly and evenly.

Edaj1511

• Liked: 266
  • Likes Given: 994
« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2013, 05:29:46 PM »
Many thanks BAzz :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

BAzz

• Google+
« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »
No problem. I use this picture to demonstrate what it should look like:

barry_s11

• Liked: 247
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2013, 06:14:01 PM »

From a purist point of view, you're absolutely right Bazz.

Unfortunately, in my real world, no matter how much I faff about with the coils, the tension, the direction of wind, etc, etc, I still end up with a popped coil nine times out of ten.

The fag paper method just means I can bypass the aesthetics, and get on with the important part. Vaping!
Don't touch that, or you'll ... oh now look!

TopCookie

• Liked: 1831
  • Likes Given: 1609
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2013, 12:53:03 AM »
If it works for you, then it is the right method...  :)

BAzz

• Google+
« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2013, 07:55:59 PM »
If it works for you, then it is the right method...  :)

Absolutely.  My point is, IT CAN BE DONE. Examine the process you use when building. Look at each step.  Hell, if I can do it how hard can it be ?

Charmckay

• Liked: 294
  • Likes Given: 613
« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2013, 12:04:02 AM »
Well I am probably to tight then to loose I'm still going .so I will have another session tomorrow find some cigarette papers and give it to go and have it looking like BAzz's in no time. ..she says ha ha